Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Access

I searched iTunes for a topic for this post. Since I have quite a lot of music, this was a crapshoot. It came up on a track from a techno CD I acquired in high school, and has followed me ever since. I generally don't do techno, since its repetition and lack of story songs generally irritates me.

But this one is an interesting mysterious story. My neighbor across the street said it appeared in her computer one day. Neither she nor anyone else in her family knows where this disc came from, or would admit it. So there's just this random, second disc of a techno set, sitting in her computer drive. Very strange.

Naturally she had to share. So the CD made the rounds of our friends group, and to my surprise I actually liked it. So that is how I acquired my one and only techno CD.

Which is, by the way, a compilation called This is Noize. It's Disc 2. Still have no idea where it came from.

Ah, mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment